Friday 16 April 2010

Creating the groups and receiving the initial brief.

Due to timetable clashed i wasn’t able to stay in the same class that i was in last year, hence I wasn’t going to be able to work with the same group of people that I did last year, so I talked to class and ended up making a new group, which consisted of, Charlotte Low, Bobbi Gosen and myself. I was happy in the group as I was already friends with the girls and I knew we would all be able to come up with quite a few good ideas.

We were then given many options on what to do our media project on, things from documentaries, to 5 min films, film trailers, radio adverts and music videos. We chose music video as we believed it would be entertaining, more original, a bit of a challenge, but also the fact that it’s something new, unlike the opening to a movie that we did last year, we had no experience, and I believed I would enjoy learning this as a new skill.
Our second challenge came when we discovered that we would be unable to use commercial music for this video, meaning we could have to find an un signed act, that would be willing to give us permission, who we all liked enough to be in our video. Luckily enough one of my friends was in a band, Tramp Etiquette, so I suggested it to the group and we had a look at their Myspace.

www.myspace.com/tramp_etiquette

We then decided that we all liked the song that was on their playlist ‘cheater’ so I emailed the band and managed to set up a meeting. This was set for the 8th of October, which then gave us two weeks to start finalising our ideas.

I have added a You Tube clip of Tramp Etiquette performing, unfortunatly i couldnt get a copy of 'Cheater' but this is another one of there big songs - 'Radio face'

No comments:

Post a Comment